Plans & Products
Some of the files below are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and require the use of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need to download this program, it is available at the following link:http://www.adobe.com
Products Associated with the Waterbird Conservation for the Americas initiative
Waterbird Conservation for the Americas — The North American Waterbird Conservation Plan. Version 1
the overarching continental-scale framework for the conservation of waterbirds in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Version 1 focuses on colonial-nesting species and the northern portions of the Plan area.
Resumen en espanol ~ Resume en francais
Wings Over Water — Canada’s Waterbird Conservation Plan.
Canadian partners selected to write a national plan, stepping down the continental plan to outline actions needed to conserve the broad array of seabirds, inland colonial waterbirds, marshbirds and other waterbirds in Canada.
Northern Prairie and Parkland Waterbird Conservation Plan
One of several regional plans to be created under the auspices of the continental plan. Prepared by U.S. and Canadian partners, provides an overview of the status and current knowledge of waterbirds and waterbird habitat in the region and an outline of strategies and priorities for monitoring, research, and management.
The following are issue papers written to assist managers of waterbird species and habitats.
Please Note: Issue reports will be periodically updated; please check dates.
- Colonial Waterbirds and North American Aquaculture(7 pages) 24 October 2000
- Environmental Contaminants and Colonial Waterbirds (5 pages) 24 October 2000
- [Tern] Colony Site Management Techniques (21 pages) 24 October 2000
- Banding Issues for Colonial Waterbirds in North America (2 pages) 24 October 2000
- Incidental Catch of Seabirds in Longline Fisheries: Guide for Waterbird Conservation Practicioners (5 pages) 5 April 2002
- Annotated Bibliography for North American Colonial Waterbird Conservation(23 pages) 24 October 2000
- Interdecadal Changes in Indices of Abundance of the Double-crested Cormorant (6 pages)
- Breeding Season Survey Techniques for Seabirds and Colonial Waterbirds throughout North
America (81 pages)
- King Rail Conservation Plan (122 pages)